The Patagonia Foot Tractor Fly-Fishing Wading Boots by Danner with Felt are Patagonia fly-fishing wading boots which utilize felt soles for slick wading which makes these fly-fishing wading boots very innovative and feature-rich.
In an effort to be more eco friendly, Patagonia partnered with Danner to make a made in the USA high quality fishing boot. Danner has been making terrific hunting and military grade boots for quite some time and knows how to put together a top notch fishing boot. The Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading boots are made of a waterproof leather that won't shrink or crack and has also been saltwater tested. These boots are fully re-craftable. If there ever needs to be a sole replacement or whatever issue you may come across, Danner cann repair them making these the last pair of boots you'll need to buy. The Foot Tractor boots are ultra-fast drying.
These Patagonia Foot Tractor Fly-Fishing Wading Boots with Felt are made with an oversized toe box and heel cup that features Texon trilaminate that is designed to protect the heel and toe from rock impact and foot compression.These Patagonia Foot Tractor Fly-Fishing Wading Boots with Felt are lightweight and durable. These fly-fishing wading boots by Patagonia are really awesome fly-fishing wading boots that are very innovative and feature-rich and should be consider for your next fly-fishing excursion. These truly are the last pair of boots you'll need to buy.
Compared to the competition, the Patagonia Foot Tractor Boots by Danner are 13% lighter in dry weight, 14% lighter wet weight/water retention (on average over a 16 hour drying period) and 31% stronger in river stud retention. These Foot Tractor boots flexed 500,000 times with no failure which is approximaely 284 miles during the flex test.
Before we could build the best wading boots ever made, we had to define the word “best.” After much collaboration with our designers, ambassadors and anglers from around the world, not to mention countless hours of in-the-water research, here’s what we came up with: The best wading boots need to be ultra-comfortable and supportive for long days in heavy water. They should grip subsurface terrain, muddy trails and the occasional cross-stream log. They must drain quickly and avoid holding excess water. And on top of being tough as nails, they need a lifetime measured in decades. Finally, as we all agreed, not looking like Frankenstein boots would be a plus. Once we knew exactly what we wanted, the world-renowned Danner Boots came into the frame. We combined our fly-fishing experience with Danner’s legendary quality and craftsmanship to create a wading boot beyond all others—each one proudly made by hand (with imported parts) in Portland, Oregon. Their flexible, waterproof full-grain leather provides foot-conforming comfort, support and protection, while stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable base that’s easily resoled when the need arises. The adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle when wading on uneven surfaces and helps lock the heel in place. Durable, super-grippy 3/8" polyester felt soles hold fast on slick bedrock and river-smooth cobble. Simply put, these are the best boots we’ve ever made, and we believe they’re the last ones you’ll ever need to buy.
- Waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; the leather can be reconditioned as necessary
- Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Upper is stitched to 5mm rubber midsole for stability underfoot; a second, lower midsole is made from water-resistant polyether polyurethane that adds additional comfort and support
- Adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle and helps lock the heel in place
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backer
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
- 3/8" polyester felt outsoles are ideal for technical wading and slippery rock
- Built on a EE last
- 1724 g (60.8 oz)
Wading Boot Sizing Information